Update on a Miserable Life
Well folks, the throat issue continues! I call it an issue because I’m not 100% certain it is a popcorn hull. Could be any number of things. Take a look for yourself. The most common alternative to my symptoms is throat cancer, so I’m still praying that it’s popcorn related.
In consultation with my mother, I attempted another bout of forced vomitting. I tell ya, there is nothing stranger than sitting down for a meal you have (a) no interest in eating and (b) no intention of keeping down. My mother recommended rice, so I made myself a giant pot of the stuff and prepared for the worse. Here, I kept a log for your review.
- 8:30: starting making rice
- 9:04: completed making rice, began eating rice
- 9:21: finished eating first “bowl” of rice
- 9:22: entered bathroom
- 9:26: emerged from bathroom, difficult to induce vomiting, after limited success I cannot tell if the hull has dislodged
- 9:29: starting eating second “bowl” of rice
- 9:50: finished eating the last of the rice… still cannot tell if the hull was dislodged from the first go
- 9:51: decide to return to the bathroom… if for no other reason that I ate all of this rice>
- 9:56: bigger success with the vomiting… throat now very sore, no way to tell if hull is gone or not because of the soreness
- 10:55: definitively determined hull still in place
No luck there. I then took some internet advice and did a little exploring with a directional lamp and a butter knife. Couldn’t see anything back there.
My final decision then is to just live with it, if you call this living. I’ll continue to drug myself at night so I at least get some sleep and if nothing improves after another 7 days (for a total of 14 since first signs) I will make an appointment with an ear, nose, and throat doctor (which, incidental, I will have to pay out of pocket).
Now I’m going to finish my tea.